Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be on a two-day visit to Bangladesh beginning on 6th June 2015.
- The government in Bangladesh today banned Islamist radical group Ansarullah Bangla Team for attacking and killing secular writers and bloggers.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs on Monday issued a gazette notification banning the group that has been active since 2008.
- The ministry also requested Ministry of Information to take necessary steps to spread the news.
- Note : Ansarullah Bangla Team is the sixth such organization outlawed for militant and anti-state activities in the country.
- The other five banned earlier are:
- Hizb ut-Tahrir,
- Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB),
- Harkat- ul Jihad Bangladesh (HUJI),
- Jagrata Muslim Janata of Bangladesh and
- Shahadat-e Al-Hikma.
- The visit is Prime Minister’s first to Bangladesh and it reflects the importance attached by India to the bilateral relationship.
- Important Details about Bangladesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched Doordarshan's farmer-centric channel - DD Kisan.
- Launching the channel on the first anniversary of his government, Modi said the agriculture sector had been "neglected" and there was need to make the sector "vibrant".
- The 24x7 channel will focus on programmes primarily for agriculture sector and rural India.
- Information related to weather will also be available on the channel.
- Note : The Channel has tie up with IMD, IARI, Agricultural Universities, Krish Vigyan Kendras etc.
- Prasar Bharati chairman : A. Surya Praskah
- Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting : Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- The government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi completed a year in office today.
- It was on May 26 last year that the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government took oath following a massive victory in the Lok Sabha election.
- Government has appointed Manoj Mishra as Chairman and Managing Director of state-run National Fertilizers Ltd (NFL).
- Mishra, currently posted as Director Finance at State Trading Corporation (STC), is likely to assume the charge of CMD of the fertiliser firm this week.
- Lt general (Retd) Nirbhay Sharma was today sworn-in as the governor of Mizoram.
- He is the eighth governor of Mizoram after the then state governor Vakkom Purushothaman resigned on July 12 last year in protest against being transferred to Nagaland.
- Note : General Sharma, the former governor of Arunachal Pradesh, was transferred and appointed as Mizoram governor on 12th May 2015 by President Pranab Mukherjee, replacing West Bengal governor Keshari Nath Tripathi who took additional charge of Mizoram.
- Secunderabad Railway Station of Talangana state has become the first one to get WiFi facility in the South Central Railways.
- Union Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya has launched the Wi-Fi services.
- Railway Minister : Suresh Prabhu
- Industrialist Yashovardhan Birla, City Limousine chairman Sayed Mohamed Masood and his wife Chand Kauser Mohamed Masood are among five Indian nationals with Swiss bank accounts whose names have been made public in Switzerland’s official gazette with regard to ongoing tax probes in India.
- The other two are Gurjit Singh Kochar, son-in-law of late realty baron Ponty Chadha, and Delhi-based businesswoman Ritika Sharma.
- Note : Yesterday, Sneh Lata Sawhney, wife of Sawhney Tyres managing director Bhushan Lal Sawhney, and Sangita Sawhney were named.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here