- J&K govt sets up single window to permit shooting Bollywood movies in state.
- According to this system, the Bollywood film shoots in Kashmir locales will not be charged and the film shooting proposals will be cleared within seven days time period.
- Amidst reports pointing at the discolouration of Taj Mahal, a parliamentary panel has recommended that a "multi-pronged" strategy be adopted to preserve the "pristine beauty" of the monument and asked the Archeological Survey of India to submit at the earliest an action plan for the same.
- Mother’s Day is being celebrated today.
- The celebration of Mother's Day began in the United States in the early 20th century
- Yemen’s Houthi rebels have announced that they had agreed to a five-day cease-fire proposed by Saudi Arabia that would allow humanitarian relief supplies to be delivered to the country, according to statements carried by a Houthi news agency.
- China has significantly increased its defence budget which is now more than three times that of India.
- The Pentagon says that China's official defence budget last year was 136.3 billion dollars while that of India was 38.2 billion dollars.
- China has significantly increased its defence budget over the past several decades and now has reached a position to pose threat to the American national security interest in the region.
- Note : China is exporting arms to Pakistan, which is its top importer.
Awards & Honors
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Arun Jaitley today conferred the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award on veteran actor-filmmaker Shashi Kapoor.
- Shashi Kapoor's best known performances are in the films "Satyam Shivam Sundaram", "Trishul", "Kabhi Kabhie", "Vijeta" and "Kalyug",
- Important Points to Note :
- Shashi Kapoor is the 46th Dada Saheb Phalke Award Winner
- Shashi Kapoor is the 3rd person to receive the prestigious award from the same family.
- Prithviraj Kapoor - 1971
- Raj Kapoor - 1987
- Shashi Kapoor - 2015
Science & Technology
- India has successfully test-fired an advanced version of the BrahMos land-attack cruise missile from the Car Nicobar Islands.
- This test, the 48th test firing of the missile, met all flight parameters, including high-level manoeuvres.
- Ace Indian discus thrower Vikas Gowda won Gold Medal in the Jamaican International Invitation meet in Kingston.
- National record holder Kamalpreet Singh won Gold medal in the men's hammer throw event with 69.61m at the Sacramento State Open in United States.
- The India and Pakistan cricket boards have agreed to resume bilateral cricket ties.
- The Pakistan Cricket Board chief, Shahryar Khan, made the announcement in the presence of the president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India, Jagmohan Dalmiya today.
- The PCB chairman said the UAE was ready to host a series, which will include three Tests, five ODIs and two T20s.
Read more Daily Current Affairs updates from here